12 MONTHS FROM WEDDING DAY
- Decide on ceremony and reception locations.
- Meet with and book your wedding officiant or clergy.
- Start shopping for your dress. Some bridal salons can take six months to deliver.
- Choose your wedding party.
- Discuss finances with whomever is paying for your big day and set a budget.
- If you are going to utilize one, hire your wedding planner.
9 TO 11 MONTHS FROM WEDDING DAY
- Sit down with your fiancé and parents of the bride and groom to decide who to invite.
- Choose the color scheme of the wedding. This will influence attire, flowers, etc.
- Book your wedding vendors - best vendors book well in advance.
- Send deposits to caterer, florist, photographer and other vendors requiring deposits.
- Mail "Save the Date" card if many guests will be coming from out-of-town.
6 TO 8 MONTHS FROM WEDDING DAY
- Start looking for a baker for your wedding cake and give deposit if required.
- Choose your musicians, entertainment for wedding and reception and give deposit.
- Start shopping for bridesmaid attire.
- Begin working on your invitiation wording and design and order the invitations.
- Make sure all deposits have been given and received and all vendors are reserved for you.
- Start planning the honeymoon.
- Arrange accommodations for out-of-town guests.
- Begin preparations for Rehearsal Dinner.
- Keep current with the budget.
4 TO 5 MONTHS FROM WEDDING DAY
- Schedule your first wedding gown fitting.
- Select groom and groomsmen attire.
- Book Rehearsal Dinner location and finalize menu.
- Reserve hotel room for your wedding night.
- Finalize your honeymoon and make travel arrangements if necessary.
2 TO 3 MONTHS FROM WEDDING DAY
- Review marriage license requirements for location of wedding.
- Choose attendant's accessories and give information to them.
- You should be able to pick up dress and to schedule last minute alterations.
- Purchase guest book and pen.
- Set aside time to write and send thank you notes for wedding shower gifts.
- Discuss with officiant vows and wording for ceremony.
- Finalize transportation for the wedding day.
- Make appointement with salon for pre-wedding day hairstyles you want to try with veil.
- Review details with all of your vendors.
1 MONTH FROM WEDDING DAY
- Have your final dress fitting.
- Make appointments with salons for hair, manicures, pedicures, facials, massages etc.
- Buy and wrap wedding gifts for attendants.
- Make a schedule for the wedding day. Delegate duties to responsible people.
- Print wedding programs if you are using them.
- Prepare newspaper announcements.
- Update wedding registries if needed.
- Call guests you haven't RSVP'd for the wedding and rehearsal dinner.
1 TO 2 WEEKS FROM WEDDING DAY
- Submit any "must take photos" to the photogrpaher.
- Submit any playlists to the musicians.
- Begin working on the seating chart for the reception.
- Give final head count to the caterer.
- Confirm honeymoon reservations.
- Have tuxes picked up and tried on.
- Try on wedding gown for the last time.
- Break in your shoes if they are new.
- Put together an overnight bag for your wedding night.
DAY BEFORE YOUR WEDDING DAY
- Rehearse the ceremony with officiant and wedding party.
- Assign someone to return tuxedos, save cape top and preserver flowers.
- Make sure all of the bills are paid so this won't have to be done on the Wedding Day.
- Have fun at your Rehearsal Dinner.